Our West-End cottage at Makanda Inn & Cottages sleeps four adults in a single-floor design. A Southern Illinois Cabin Rental experience like no other. At 900-square-feet, it is grand in feel yet intimately cozy. Learn more…
This cottage with straw bale construction and a living roof is set into the hillside and provides incredible sound and climate insulation. Each bedroom and the living area has its own heat and air conditioning unit to keep it at just the right temperature for your comfort.
This large, Eco-friendly, 2-bedroom, 2 baths cabin is the perfect Southern Illinois vacation getaway location. Both bedrooms, each with one king size bed and their bathrooms are equal in size and amenities. Each bath is On-Suite in the bedroom area. Your bedroom features heavenly pillow top beds with 600-thread-count linens. Everyone has the best room! 4 Guests maximum.
Beer bottles built in the bedroom straw bale walls filter the morning sun The tiled bathrooms feature tub-showers, beautiful wood slab sink tops, and luxurious bath towels and handmade soaps.
The massive exposed ceiling beams accent every room. Make yourselves at home in the ample living space. The electric fireplace offers year-round ambiance with optional heating for any extra cold days.
With its walk-on earthen living roof, it is nearly concealed from sight as you approach it. A real cabin rental in the woods!
Adjacent to Giant City State Park and centrally located on the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail this cottage is in the perfect location.
West End Cottage can be the perfect private getaway for any guest/s looking for a single level, spacious cabin with a great full-size kitchen for cooking some of your own meals. It Sleeps from 1-4 people. Minimum guest age is 13. Call for pricing if you are interested in renting the cottage as a 1 Bedroom unit for 1-2 people. Best phone hours are 10 am to 7 pm daily, 618-697-7929.
Our new cabin rental pricing makes it the best value option for 1-4 travelers or vacationers. Scroll further down the page for Amenities, rates and package pricing.
“What an amazing place to stay. Can’t say enough good things about this cottage. Everything was perfect, even better than expected. This will become our “go to” place to stay in Southern Illinois. Thank you for a very nice and relaxing weekend.” Hoss & Jamie
Price: $129-$398 Does Not Include Breakfast
You will enjoy with your Cabin Rental:
- 42” LCD TV and DVD Player with Direct TV
- Electric Fireplace
- Full-sized Kitchen with Range/Oven, and Microwave
- Full-size Refrigerator with Ice Maker
- All the Essentials to Cook Your Meals
- Coffee Grinder, Coffee Maker, & Fresh-roasted Steam Shovel Coffee Beans
- Fire Pit, Picnic Table, Charcoal Grill
- Individual Exterior Bedroom Access
- King-size Beds, with 600-Thread-Count Linens
- Full Bath, Toiletries, and Luxurious Towels/Washcloths
- Complimentary Hand Made Soap
- Hair Dryers for Each Private Bath
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Complimentary Tesla and Electric Car Charging
- Heat and Air Conditioning
West End Rates & Packages
- Four Guests Maximum – Two Night Minimum Stay
- One Bedroom, One Bath / $129 – $219 a night, double occupancy
- Two Bedrooms, Two Baths / $199 – $398 a night, double occupancy each room
Vacation Cabin Rental Longer Stay Package Rates
Five Night Rates Sunday thru Thursday
- One Bedroom Double Occupancy $695.00 ($139 a night plus tax)
- Two Bedrooms Four Adults $845.00 ($179.00 a night plus tax)
Seven Night Rates No Saturday Check-in
- One Bedroom Double Occupancy $994.00 ($142.00 a night plus tax)
- Two Bedrooms Four Adults $1,204.00 ($172.00 a night plus tax)
Check-in Time: 4 – 6 pm (Please call the Innkeeper for other arrangements if necessary)
Check-out Time: 11 am
50% deposit at time of booking, the balance will be charged to your credit card upon check-in.
Cancellation Policy for West End Cottage
- Cancellations before 30 days will incur a $30.00 processing fee.
- Rescheduling at any time before 14 days will incur a $30.00 processing fee.
- Rescheduling 14 days or less will be at innkeeper’s discretion and will incur a $100.00 fee.
Cancellations will result in a cancellation fee if received less than thirty (30) days before your scheduled stay.
The following charges:
- Cancellations received twenty-nine (29) days to fifteen (15) days, before the check-in date, will forfeit deposit.
- Cancellations received fourteen (14) days to seven (7) days, before the check-in date, will forfeit deposit and a fee equal to 50% of the remaining balance. Charges will go on the credit card on file.
- Cancellations received less than seven (7) days, before the check-in date, will forfeit a fee equal to the deposit and 100% of the remaining balance. Charges will go on the credit card on file.
We recommend purchasing lodging protector provided by Allianz Global Assistance to protect you from covered unexpected events that would result in a cancellation fee.
West End Cottage Guidelines:
- No smoking indoors, smoking is permitted outside. If you smoke outside, please be considerate of other guests and shut doors and windows. Please request an ashtray if you plan on smoking.
- No Pets, please make arrangements at the time of reservation with the Innkeepers for ADA compliant service animals.
- Two persons per room only. Teenagers, children 13 and older welcome.
- Guests must notify Innkeepers in advance of any outside guests visiting the property. Visiting guests are required to leave the property by 10 pm. No large groups are allowed. Visiting guests must sign in at the front desk upon arrival and leave their vehicle in the inn’s lot.
- Please read our welcome book, available in each of our suites and cottages, for more detailed guidelines.
Your booking means you have read and agree to the terms of booking as listed online and you will read your Guest Welcome Book and that in some circumstances we will have to charge a fee for not following.