PO Box 24
Makanda, Illinois 62958
855 Old Lower Cobden Rd
Makanda, IL 62958
Phone: (618) 697-7929
Nestled in the Shawnee National Forest, our bed and breakfast and cottages provide lodging near many area activities. Situated just a half mile south of the Makanda Boardwalk and only 15 minutes south of Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Makanda Inn & Cottages are directly adjacent to Giant City State Park.
From Interstate 57 Southbound
(This is the scenic route through Giant City State Park)
- Take Exit 45 for State Highway 148/N. Refugee Rd
- Turn LEFT and go 2.7 miles to
- Grassy Road turn LEFT (there is a country store at the corner) and go 4.3 miles to
- Spillway Road turn LEFT (be careful not to miss this turn) and go 4.4 miles to
- Giant City Road (a stop sign) turn LEFT and go 3.5 miles to
- S. Church Street (it’s about a half mile past Giant City Stables) turn RIGHT and go 1.9 miles. You will pass a church on the left (the road changes to Baptist Hill Rd) and down a hill to the Makanda Boardwalk. At the stop sign turn LEFT before the tracks. That will be Old Lower Cobden Rd. Go about .5 miles to the inn.