PO Box 24
Makanda, Illinois 62958
855 Old Lower Cobden Rd
Makanda, IL 62958
Nestled in the Shawnee National Forest, our bed and breakfast and cottages provide lodging near many area activities. Situated just a half mile south of the Makanda Boardwalk and only 15 minutes south of Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Makanda Inn & Cottages are directly adjacent to Giant City State Park.
From Interstate 57 Southbound
(This is the scenic route through Giant City State Park)
- Take Exit 45 for State Highway 148/N. Refugee Rd
- Turn LEFT and go 2.7 miles to
- Grassy Road turn LEFT (there is a country store at the corner) and go 4.3 miles to
- Spillway Road turn LEFT (be careful not to miss this turn) and go 4.4 miles to
- Giant City Road (a stop sign) turn LEFT and go 3.5 miles to
- S. Church Street (it’s about a half mile past Giant City Stables) turn RIGHT and go 1.9 miles. You will pass a church on the left (the road changes to Baptist Hill Rd) and down a hill to the Makanda Boardwalk. At the stop sign turn LEFT before the tracks. That will be Old Lower Cobden Rd. Go about .5 miles to the inn.