A Cabin Rental in the Woods
In addition to our Inn Suites, we have four addition lodging options. Three of these options take the sustainable eco-friendly nature of Makanda Inn one big step further. Like the Inn Suites, our cottages have straw-bale walls. In addition, these cabins use an earthen plaster finish (using clay, sand and straw) to create a beautiful interior and exterior wall. These cottages use timber framing with local, sustainably harvest lumber. And to top it all of, they have living roofs – yes with grass and plants growing up there.
This organic design leaves no want for comfort as each cottage has all the amenities, including a heavenly king-size pillow top bed with 600-thread-count linens. Not to mention, the bathroom is supplied with luxurious towels, a soaking tub, and wet room shower.
Our fourth unit outside the inn is our Loft space. This unit is across the parking lot from the Inn above the workshop. It was formerly used exclusively by the owners but is now available to everyone. Pleas see more details below.
Our cottage design is all about carefully designing the layout to be comfortable, cozy while being very energy efficiency. It’s the perfect place to unplug, unwind, and relax. The natural surroundings creates an incredibly peaceful setting. This is the perfect remote location that is not too far from civilization.
Wi-Fi can be found in the common area of the Inn and on the patio & front porch.
Breakfast is not included with our Cottage rentals. It may be possible to purchase breakfast for $15 per person. If you are interested in breakfast, please call a few days ahead of your check-in date to schedule.
- Outdoor patios
- Fire pit and charcoal grill
- Sitting area with sofa, TV and Direct TV service
- Breakfast table and chairs
- Two complimentary bottles of water
- Kitchen or Kitchenette (depending on the unit) includes range, microwave, refrigerator, stocked with utensils and cookware
- Coffee grinder and brewer
- Steam Shovel coffee beans – a local roaster
- King-size bed with 600-thread-count linens
- Wet-room shower and soaking tub with luxurious towels
- Make-up remover towelettes, face cloth and cotton rounds
- Complimentary soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion
- Toiletries, hairdryer, Iron and board
- Complimentary Tesla and Electric Car Charging
- Ice bucket and complimentary ice at the Inn
- Heat and air conditioning
Check-in time: is between 4-6 pm (For a late check-in contact the Property Managers). Early check-in is not possible.
Check-out time: is 11 am.
- Cancellations prior to 30 days will incur a $30.00 processing fee.
- Rescheduling at any time prior to 14 days will incur a $30.00 processing fee.
- Rescheduling 14 days or less will be at the Property Managers discretion and will include a $100.00 fee.
Cancellations will result in a cancellation fee if received less than thirty (30) days before your scheduled stay.
The following charges:
- Cancellations received twenty-nine (29) days to fifteen (15) days, prior to the check-in date, will forfeit deposit.
- Cancellations received fourteen (14) days to seven (7) days, prior to the check-in date, will forfeit deposit and a fee equal to 50% of the remaining balance will be charged against the credit card on file.
- Cancellations received less than seven (7) days, prior to the check-in date, will forfeit a fee equal to 100% of the balance and will be charged to the credit card on file.
- No smoking indoors. Smoking is permitted outside. If you smoke outside, please be considerate of other guests and make sure the doors/windows to your Cottage are shut. Please request an ashtray if you plan on smoking. Ashtrays are not to be emptied into the indoor trash cans.
- No Pets, please make arrangements with the Property Managers for ADA Service animals.