Our Cottages near Shawnee National Forest in Illinois
Our cottages provide the quintessential Southern Illinois cabin in the woods experience. Like other cabins in the area, our cottages have the facilities for you to be able to prepare your own meals.
Our Indigo & Sienna cottages have kitchenettes (no ovens). West End Cottage has a full-size kitchen space. Please note: a cottage stay does not include breakfast in the Inn.
Cabin guests are welcome to inquire a few days in advance of check-in, about the availability of purchasing breakfast at the Inn during your stay.
A Cabin Rental in the Woods
Our two, one-bedroom rental cottages take the sustainable Eco-friendly nature of Makanda Inn & Cottages one big step further. In addition to the straw-bale walls, these cabin in the woods use earthen plaster and have living roofs.
This organic design leaves no want for comfort as each cottage is contemporary in decor. Yet, has all the amenities, including a heavenly king-size pillow top bed with 600-thread-count linens. Not to mention, the bathroom is supplied with luxurious towels, has a soaking tub, and wet room shower.
Down the spiral staircase, you will find the living/dining area and kitchenette. Likewise, make yourself at home and prepare your meals in the comfort of this organic cottage. Individual heating and air conditioning system will keep the cabin at the temperature you find most comfortable. You will notice, the design promotes privacy while maximizing space to increase energy efficiency.
These cottages are the perfect place to unplug, unwind, and relax. The natural surroundings enhance your cabin experience providing a peaceful setting. Wildlife is all around as life abounds in this pristine environment. If you are looking for a remote location that is not too far from civilization, this is it.
Wi-Fi can be found in the common area of the Inn, the cottages currently do not have Wi-Fi.
Breakfast in the Bed & Breakfast Inn is not included with our Cottage rentals. However, depending on the Inn’s occupancy, it may be possible to purchase breakfast for $15.00 per person, per day, on a limited basis. If you are interested in breakfast, please call a few days ahead of your check-in date, for availability. Availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Ground-level Patio and Second-level Balcony
- Fire Pit and Charcoal Grill
- Sitting Area with Lounge Sofa, TV and Direct TV
- Breakfast Area, Table, and Chairs
- Two complimentary bottles of water
- Kitchenette, Two-burner Range, Microwave, Refrigerator, Stocked with Utensils & Cookware
- Coffee Grinder and Coffee Maker
- Steam Shovel Whole Coffee Beans, a Local Micro-roasted Bean
- King-size Bed with 600-thread-count Linens
- Wet-room Shower & Soaking Tub with Luxurious Towels
- Make-up Remover Towelettes, Face Cloth and Cotton Rounds
- Complimentary Hand Made Soap
- Toiletries, Hairdryer, Ironing Board and Iron
- Complimentary Tesla and Electric Car Charging
- Ice Trays & Ice Bucket, Complimentary Ice Available at the Inn
- Heat and Air Conditioning