Our Cottages near Shawnee National Forest in Illinois
Our cottages provide the quintessential Southern Illinois cabin experience. Like other cabins in the area they have kitchen facilities in the form of a kitchenette that allows you to prepare your meals. Cottage guests do have the option to join our Inn guests by purchasing breakfast as it is not included in a cottage stay.
Our 2 one-bedroom rental cottages take the sustainable Eco-friendly nature of Makanda Inn & Cottages one big step further. In addition to the straw-bale walls (like the inn), the cottages use earthen plaster and have living roofs. This organic design leaves no want for comfort as each cottage is contemporary in decor and has all the amenities, including a heavenly king-size pillow top bed with 600-thread-count linens. The bathroom is supplied with luxurious towels, and has a soaking tub and wet room shower. Down the spiral staircase you will find the living / dining area and kitchenette for you to make yourself at home and prepare your own meals. A high-efficiency heating and air conditioning system will keep the cottage at the temperature you find most comfortable. Design promotes privacy while maximizing space to increase energy efficiency.
These cottages are the perfect place to unhook, unwind and relax. The natural surroundings enhance your cabin experience providing a peaceful setting. Wildlife is all around as life abounds in this pristine environment. If you are looking for a remote location that is not too far from civilization, this is it.
Wi-Fi can be found in the common area of the inn as the cottages do not have Wi-Fi.
Breakfast is not included. Breakfast can be purchased for $12.00 per person per day on a limited basis, depending on inn occupancy. If you are interested in breakfast, please call in advance for availability. Availability is on a first-come first-served basis.
- Ground-level Patio and Second-level Balcony
- Fire Pit and Charcoal Grill
- Sitting Area with Lounge Sofa, TV and Direct TV
- Breakfast Area, Table and Chairs
- Kitchenette, Two-burner Range, Microwave, Refrigerator, Stocked with Utensils & Cookware
- Coffee Grinder and Coffee Maker
- Steam Shovel Whole Coffee Beans, a Local Micro-roasted Bean
- IPod Home Stereo
- King-size Bed with 600-thread-count Linens
- Wet-room Shower & Soaking Tub with Luxurious Towels
- Make-up Remover Towelettes, Face Cloth and Cotton Rounds
- Complimentary Hand Made Soap
- Toiletries, Hairdryer, Ironing Board and Iron
- Complimentary Tesla and Electric Car Charging