Our Indigo & Sienna cottages have kitchenettes (no ovens). West End Cottage has a full-size kitchen with oven.
Cottage guests are welcome to inquire a few days in advance of check-in, about the availability of purchasing breakfast at the Inn during your stay.
A Cabin Rental in the Woods
Our one and two-bedroom cottages take the sustainable Eco-friendly nature of Makanda Inn & Cottages one big step further. In addition to the straw-bale walls, these cabins use earthen plaster and have living roofs.
This organic design leaves no want for comfort as each cottage has all the amenities, including a heavenly king-size pillow top bed with 600-thread-count linens. Not to mention, the bathroom is supplied with luxurious towels, has a soaking tub, and wet room shower.
Likewise, make yourself at home and prepare your meals in the comfort of this natural cottage. Individual heating and air conditioning system will keep the cabin at the temperature you find most comfortable.
You will notice, the design promotes privacy while maximizing space to increase energy efficiency, which makes them the perfect place to unplug, unwind, and relax. The natural surroundings enhance your experience providing a peaceful setting. Wildlife is all around as life abounds in this pristine forest. If you are looking for a remote location that is not too far from civilization, this is it.
Wi-Fi can be found in the common area of the Inn and on the patio & front porch.
Breakfast is not included with our Cottage rentals. It may be possible to purchase breakfast for $15 per person. If you are interested in breakfast, please call a few days ahead of your check-in date to schedule.
- Ground-level patio and second-level balcony
- Fire pit and charcoal grill
- Sitting area with sofa, TV and Direct TV service
- Breakfast table and chairs
- Two complimentary bottles of water
- Kitchenette with two-burner range, microwave, refrigerator, stocked with utensils and cookware
- Coffee grinder and brewer
- Steam Shovel coffee beans a local roaster
- King-size bed with 600-thread-count linens
- Wet-room shower and soaking tub with luxurious towels
- Make-up remover towelettes, face cloth and cotton rounds
- Complimentary soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion
- Toiletries, hairdryer, Iron and board
- Complimentary Tesla and Electric Car Charging
- Ice bucket and complimentary ice at the Inn
- Heat and air conditioning
Relax in Indigo Cottage
Facing the woods, Indigo is a private 2-story accommodation for two. With tons of natural lighting throughout, both floors walk out onto a balcony/patio giving the entire space a natural inside-out feel. Additionally, you will find local artisan-crafted pieces such as the bed frame, vanity and spiral staircase. The luxurious king-size bed faces out into the woods. Also, you will find a wet-floor shower and soaking tub also located on the top level. The lower level includes a sitting area and kitchenette. The kitchenette has a two-burner stove top, microwave, refrigerator, and sink. Also, the kitchen area has a coffee grinder and maker, necessary utensils, glasses, plates, pots, and pans. Bring along some food and prepare your meals. Outside just beyond the back patio is a small outdoor fire pit.
Price: $115 – $199
Guest Comment ~
“The Indigo Cottage and Makanda Inn were the perfect tucked away, and cozy getaway. We celebrated my 60th Birthday on this trip and had had a magical trip. Hadn’t been to this area in about 7 or 8 years and all that we love was still here, and the new things we discovered are perfect additions. We will be back. Thank you, Loraine and Malcolm.”
Lee and Susan, MO
Experience Sienna Cottage
Sienna is a 2-story accommodation that sleeps two. The luxurious king-size bed faces out into the woods. There is a wet-floor shower and soaking tub. Also, located on the top level is a walk-out balcony. The lower level includes a sitting area and kitchenette. The kitchenette has a two-burner stovetop, microwave, refrigerator, and sink. Additionally, there is a coffee grinder and maker, necessary utensils, glasses, plates, pots, and pans. Bring along some food and prepare meals. Just beyond the ground floor patio is a small fire pit. The unique design is contemporary and comfortable with tons of natural lighting. There are local artisan-crafted pieces such as the bed frame, vanity, and a spiral staircase. Sienna cottage is unlike anything you have ever seen before.
Price: $115 – $199
Guest Comment ~
Just wanted to follow up and thank you for a wonderful stay. We found your property and construction beautiful. We will certainly follow up on future stays as well. Only one question, where do you purchase the mattresses? We slept soundly on yours only to find ours wanting on return home!
Check-in time: is between 4-6 pm (For a late check-in contact the Property Managers). Early check-in is not possible.
Check-out time: is 11 am.
Cancellation Policy for the Inn, Indigo and Sienna cottages
- Cancellations prior to 30 days will incur a $30.00 processing fee.
- Rescheduling at any time prior to 14 days will incur a $30.00 processing fee.
- Rescheduling 14 days or less will be at the Property Managers discretion and will include a $100.00 fee.
Cancellations will result in a cancellation fee if received less than thirty (30) days before your scheduled stay.
The following charges:
- Cancellations received twenty-nine (29) days to fifteen (15) days, prior to the check-in date, will forfeit deposit.
- Cancellations received fourteen (14) days to seven (7) days, prior to the check-in date, will forfeit deposit and a fee equal to 50% of the remaining balance will be charged against the credit card on file.
- Cancellations received less than seven (7) days, prior to the check-in date, will forfeit a fee equal to 100% of the balance and will be charged to the credit card on file.
- No smoking indoors. Smoking is permitted outside. If you smoke outside, please be considerate of other guests and make sure the doors/windows to your Cottage are shut. Please request an ashtray if you plan on smoking. Ashtrays are not to be emptied into the indoor trash cans.
- No Pets, please make arrangements with the Property Managers for ADA Service animals.