Our Cottages near Shawnee National Forest in Illinois
Our cottages provide the quintessential Southern Illinois cabin in the woods experience. Like other cabins in the area, our cottages have kitchen facilities. Notably, the kitchenettes allow you to prepare your meals.
Cabin guests do have the option to join our Inn guests by purchasing breakfast. Important to realize, a cottage stay does not include breakfast.
A Cabin Rental in the Woods
Our two one-bedroom rental cottages take the sustainable Eco-friendly nature of Makanda Inn & Cottages one big step further. In addition to the straw-bale walls, these cabin in the woods use earthen plaster and have living roofs.
This organic design leaves no want for comfort as each cottage is contemporary in decor. Yet, has all the amenities, including a heavenly king-size pillow top bed with 600-thread-count linens. Not to mention, the bathroom is supplied with luxurious towels, has a soaking tub, and wet room shower.
Down the spiral staircase, you will find the living/dining area and kitchenette. Likewise, make yourself at home and prepare your meals in the comfort of this organic cottage. Individual heating and air conditioning system will keep the cabin at the temperature you find most comfortable. You will notice, the design promotes privacy while maximizing space to increase energy efficiency.
These cottages are the perfect place to unhook, unwind, and relax. The natural surroundings enhance your cabin experience providing a peaceful setting. Wildlife is all around as life abounds in this pristine environment. If you are looking for a remote location that is not too far from civilization, this is it.
Wi-Fi can be found in the common area of the inn as the cottages do not have Wi-Fi.
Breakfast not included, it can be purchased for $12.00 per person per day on a limited basis. This depends on Inn occupancy. Please note, if you are interested in breakfast, call in advance for availability. Availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Ground-level Patio and Second-level Balcony
- Fire Pit and Charcoal Grill
- Sitting Area with Lounge Sofa, TV and Direct TV
- Breakfast Area, Table, and Chairs
- Two complimentary bottles of water
- Kitchenette, Two-burner Range, Microwave, Refrigerator, Stocked with Utensils & Cookware
- Coffee Grinder and Coffee Maker
- Steam Shovel Whole Coffee Beans, a Local Micro-roasted Bean
- King-size Bed with 600-thread-count Linens
- Wet-room Shower & Soaking Tub with Luxurious Towels
- Make-up Remover Towelettes, Face Cloth and Cotton Rounds
- Complimentary Hand Made Soap
- Toiletries, Hairdryer, Ironing Board and Iron
- Complimentary Tesla and Electric Car Charging
- Ice Trays & Ice Bucket, Complimentary Ice Available at the Inn
- Heat and Air Conditioning