Our cottages provide the quintessential Southern Illinois cabin in the woods experience. Like other cabins in the area, our cottages have the facilities for you to be able to prepare your own meals.
Our Indigo & Sienna cottages have kitchenettes (no ovens). West End Cottage has a full-size kitchen space. Please note: a cottage stay does not include breakfast in the Inn.
Cabin guests are welcome to inquire a few days in advance of check-in, about the availability of purchasing breakfast at the Inn during your stay.
A Cabin Rental in the Woods
Our two, one-bedroom rental cottages take the sustainable Eco-friendly nature of Makanda Inn & Cottages one big step further. In addition to the straw-bale walls, these cabin in the woods use earthen plaster and have living roofs.
This organic design leaves no want for comfort as each cottage is contemporary in decor. Yet, has all the amenities, including a heavenly king-size pillow top bed with 600-thread-count linens. Not to mention, the bathroom is supplied with luxurious towels, has a soaking tub, and wet room shower.
Likewise, make yourself at home and prepare your meals in the comfort of this organic cottage. Individual heating and air conditioning system will keep the cabin at the temperature you find most comfortable.
You will notice, the design promotes privacy while maximizing space to increase energy efficiency, which makes them the perfect place to unplug, unwind, and relax. The natural surroundings enhance your cabin experience providing a peaceful setting. Wildlife is all around as life abounds in this pristine environment. If you are looking for a remote location that is not too far from civilization, this is it.
Wi-Fi can be found in the common area of the Inn, the cottages currently do not have Wi-Fi.
Breakfast in the Bed & Breakfast Inn is not included with our Cottage rentals. However, depending on the Inn’s occupancy, it may be possible to purchase breakfast for $15.00 per person, per day, on a limited basis. If you are interested in breakfast, please call a few days ahead of your check-in date, for availability. Availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Ground-level Patio and Second-level Balcony
- Fire Pit and Charcoal Grill
- Sitting Area with Lounge Sofa, TV and Direct TV
- Breakfast Area, Table, and Chairs
- Two complimentary bottles of water
- Kitchenette, Two-burner Range, Microwave, Refrigerator, Stocked with Utensils & Cookware
- Coffee Grinder and Coffee Maker
- Steam Shovel Whole Coffee Beans, a Local Micro-roasted Bean
- King-size Bed with 600-thread-count Linens
- Wet-room Shower & Soaking Tub with Luxurious Towels
- Make-up Remover Towelettes, Face Cloth and Cotton Rounds
- Complimentary Hand Made Soap
- Toiletries, Hairdryer, Ironing Board and Iron
- Complimentary Tesla and Electric Car Charging
- Ice Trays & Ice Bucket, Complimentary Ice Available at the Inn
- Heat and Air Conditioning
Relax in Indigo Cottage
Facing the woods, Indigo is a private 2-story accommodation for two. With tons of natural lighting throughout, both floors walk out onto a balcony/patio giving the entire space a natural inside-out feel. Additionally, you will find local artisan-crafted pieces such as the bed frame, vanity and spiral staircase. The luxurious king-size bed faces out into the woods. Also, you will find a wet-floor shower and soaking tub also located on the top level. The lower level includes a sitting area and kitchenette. The kitchenette has a two-burner stove top, microwave, refrigerator, and sink. Also, the kitchen area has a coffee grinder and maker, necessary utensils, glasses, plates, pots, and pans. Bring along some food and prepare your meals. Outside just beyond the back patio is a small outdoor fire pit.
Price: $115 – $199
Guest Comment ~
“The Indigo Cottage and Makanda Inn were the perfect tucked away, and cozy getaway. We celebrated my 60th Birthday on this trip and had had a magical trip. Hadn’t been to this area in about 7 or 8 years and all that we love was still here, and the new things we discovered are perfect additions. We will be back. Thank you, Loraine and Malcolm.”
Lee and Susan, MO
Experience Sienna Cottage
Sienna is a 2-story accommodation that sleeps two. The luxurious king-size bed faces out into the woods. There is a wet-floor shower and soaking tub. Also, located on the top level is a walk-out balcony. The lower level includes a sitting area and kitchenette. The kitchenette has a two-burner stovetop, microwave, refrigerator, and sink. Additionally, there is a coffee grinder and maker, necessary utensils, glasses, plates, pots, and pans. Bring along some food and prepare meals. Just beyond the ground floor patio is a small fire pit. The unique design is contemporary and comfortable with tons of natural lighting. There are local artisan-crafted pieces such as the bed frame, vanity, and a spiral staircase. Sienna cottage is unlike anything you have ever seen before.
Price: $115 – $199
Guest Comment ~
Just wanted to follow up and thank you for a wonderful stay. We found your property and construction beautiful. We will certainly follow up on future stays as well. Only one question, where do you purchase the mattresses? We slept soundly on yours only to find ours wanting on return home!
Check-in time: is between 4-6 pm (For a late check-in contact the Property Managers). Early check-in is not possible.
Check-out time: is 11 am.
Cancellation Policy for the Inn, Indigo and Sienna cottages
- Cancellations prior to 30 days will incur a $30.00 processing fee.
- Rescheduling at any time prior to 14 days will incur a $30.00 processing fee.
- Rescheduling 14 days or less will be at the Property Managers discretion and will include a $100.00 fee.
Cancellations will result in a cancellation fee if received less than thirty (30) days before your scheduled stay.
The following charges:
- Cancellations received twenty-nine (29) days to fifteen (15) days, prior to the check-in date, will forfeit deposit.
- Cancellations received fourteen (14) days to seven (7) days, prior to the check-in date, will forfeit deposit and a fee equal to 50% of the remaining balance will be charged against the credit card on file.
- Cancellations received less than seven (7) days, prior to the check-in date, will forfeit a fee equal to 100% of the balance and will be charged to the credit card on file.
- No smoking indoors, smoking is permitted outside. If you smoke outside, please be considerate of other guests and make sure the doors/windows to your Cottage are shut. Please request an ashtray if you plan on smoking.
- No Pets, please make arrangements with the Innkeepers for ADA compliant